Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Demolition Consequences Update

Thank you to the 77 wonderful, amazing and brave people that signed my petition advocating the urgent need for codes to be adopted describing consequences as a result of historic structures being demolished illegally in this beautiful Village of ours!!! I thank you from the bottom of my heart and assure you this issue is far from vanishing.

As a matter of fact, at the last Trustee Public Hearing, I was invited to attend a private meeting of all the various village board chairpersons that will take place on July 15th, during which this very subject will be discussed. I am to gather as many examples of similar codes as possible and bring them to share. Some of you have contacted me, asking how you can help, and that means A LOT! Call and contact as many municipalities as you can, in New York and elsewhere, and forward me their examples of codes outlining punishment as a result of demolitions without prior approval. We will all benefit from this, and many other municipalities needing such codes are paying attention. This could have a great snowball effect!

Thank you again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment