This house is on the northwest corner of Meetinghouse Lane and Lewis Street. It is currently used as apartments but was originally built circa 1900 as a residence for the Linderskold family, of Sweden. It is around the corner from the hospital, and some think it now houses some of its employees.
The house is a two-story Queen Anne style structure with some key embellishments dressing up its front facade: a bay window with a roof that leads perfectly to an elaborate second story double-hung window, and a lovely triangular dormer. I imagine it used to have patterned shingles and a larger front porch at some point. It is a lot larger than the scale of its street front leads you to believe, just take a look at the other photos describing its impressive size and other characteristic Queen Anne detailing.
Mary Louise Linderskold (b.1858) and her husband Axel were masseuses from Sweden, immigrating to the Unites States in the 1870s. Axel was also a Lieutenant and a fencing instructor, and was even mentioned in William Steinway's diary in the late 1890s. In 1886 they had a daughter, Marta (1886-1956) who taught music before becoming a well known "social secretary," consistently involved in the coordination of charity events in New York City and the East End of Long Island. She would take reservations, act as treasurer, host musicians, and sell tickets. In a 1937 edition of Vogue, the Linderskold family was said to come "from Swedish nobility," and Miss Marta in particular as "a right hand to some of America's most famous hosts and hostesses." The Linderskolds primary residence was in Queens, but curiously, while Mary was always listed on census records as married, with Marta living with her, Axel is always absent.
In 1939 Marta lost the property in foreclosure, and in 1940 it was acquired by William B. Platt, Jr. (1906-1990). Mr. Platt lived his whole live in Southampton and was a lawyer, along with his father and brother and son. He was the Village Attorney from 1938-1961, he drafted the Village's first zoning codes in 1957, and also served as the director of the Southampton Hospital Association for 6 years. The home continues to be in the Platt family.